Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Herbed Green Beans


Ingredients

  • 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
  • 4 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
  • 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions

Place green beans in a microwave-safe dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over beans and toss to coat evenly. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until beans are tender.
Cooked by Stephanie
Recipe provided by: allrecipes.com


Commentary
Aaron: These were good, but I think the microwave killed any chance of them being crisp.  They were way to soft.  The flavor was really good though.  However this side gets a B-  because vegetables need to be crisp for my tastes!

Cristina: Well green beans are one of those vegetables I just recently realized that I actually like to eat, that is when they don't come from a can( I still can't handle canned green beans for some reason)  Ok...that being said, I really wish I could say I loved these, but the microwave kind of killed it for me too.  For me, they tasted microwaved, a little overcooked and chewy.  I loved the flavoring on them though and would definately season green beans this way, but I would probably prepare them differently.  On a scale of 1-10, these were a neutral 5.  A for effort though Stephanie!

Stephanie: I really liked them. I got criticized for using the microwave on this one, but hey--it was fast. I might have cooked them a little long. I bet 6 minutes would have been enough. Maybe cut down the butter a little. Seasoning was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment